Tuesday 26 February 2013

Thankyou!




THANKYOU to everyone who has liked and shared this poem!! I am so humbled and blessed. Rebekah knight.

https://www.facebook.com/Shinelikebrightstars

Slow down mummy, there is no need to rush,
slow down mummy, what is all the fuss?
Slow down mummy, make yourself a cup of tea.
Slow down mummy, come and spend some time with me.

Slow down mummy, let's put our boots on and go out for a walk,
let's kick at piles of leaves, and smile and laugh and talk.
Slow down mummy, you look ever so tired,
come sit and snuggle under the duvet and rest with me a while.

Slow down mummy, those dirty dishes can wait,
slow down mummy, lets have some fun, lets bake a cake!
Slow down mummy I know you work a lot,
but sometimes mummy, its nice when you just stop.

Sit with us a minute,
& listen to our day,
spend a cherished moment,
because our childhood is not here to stay! 


Rebekah.Knight (c)2011

...and because I did not own the beautiful picture to print the poem, this is the new poem image <3


All info is now here to read: ♥

What can I say? I am overwhelmed, I can not really take in the level of support that I have had from writing this poem, 'Slow down Mummy.' I wrote it after having a busy day with the girls, who are now aged 9, 6 and 23months. I like to keep our home clean and organised and one day, I just felt gently convicted that there were more important things to be doing that day. I sat down and wrote this poem. I wrote it for myself initially, just as a reminder to slow down at times, enjoy the present moment, to stop looking ahead at the next task and goal. If we don't appreciate what is right before us , when it is there, then we may miss many a precious moment.

I certainly was not suggesting that we throw in the towel and live unkempt lives ;-) but to try and prioritise our time, making sure that we have time to snuggle, laugh, read, love, listen, encourage, know our children. I am so very thankful for the enormous feedback from Mothers all over the world who connected to the poem and it's words. I never intended for it to spread this way, It was published last year in a book named 'Musings on Motherhood' and I may re publish it again due to it's success. Lots of Mothers have expressed a desire to have it in a print format, So I am looking into this. Bless you all and once again, Thank-you Rebekah ♥
THANKYOU to everyone who has liked and shared this poem!! I am so humbled and blessed. Rebekah knight.

https://www.facebook.com/Shinelikebrightstars

Due to not owning the gorgeous pictures, We have had to change the image for the purpose of printing out the poem to make available for sale. The new image can be seen here :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=455229871206437&set=a.283262788403147.70020.283244668404959&type=1&theater

I now have prints, due to many requests and they are available to but on the top right hand of this page.

The poem is published in this book:

http://www.mothersmilkbooks.com/

Thankyou all!!

2 comments:

  1. Read your poem from a link that a friend has shared on FB and I've also shared it. Love it so much as it resonates with all mommies, doesn't it? It doesn't matter where we are located, what race we are, we face this problem of rushing our children! Thanks for this lovely poem to remind myself to slow down and enjoy parenting. May I have your permission to repost your poem on my blog so as to share with more people and as a constant reminder for myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course... Thanks for the encouragement. You can find me on Facebook also :)

      Delete